Composer/bandleader/keyboardist on national television programs and varied media
- The Dennis Miller Show (Music Director/bandleader)
- The Chevy Chase Show
- EZ Streets –Directed by Paul Haggis for CBS (composer/arranger)
- The Defenders – Showtime (composer/arranger)
- Diana Ross World Tour (music director/arranger/keyboards)
- Gino Vannelli- (co-producer and keyboardist)
- Madeleine Peyroux
- Oprah Winfrey Show (composer – incidental music)
- Yangtze River Civilization Museum 3D Experience – Wuhan, China (All ride music and sound effects)
- Kahramaa Awareness Park, Doha, Qatar (All ride music and sound effects)
- WMS Gaming (composer)
- Various Ad Agencies (composer, keyboards)
- Music Box (composer-library music)
- Other Movies/Documentaries
- “Extortion” (2017) – (composer, additional music)
- “Deadline” – Intel silent movie (composer)
- Chico and Dico (composer additional music)
- Lasting Love (composer)
- Tears of the Buddha (composer)
- Hope Restored (composer)
- With the Help of God (composer)
Session Musician- Keyboards
major motion pictures, commercials, & TV
Three decades as a consummate professional have kept David Goldblatt consistently in demand as a contributing artist with top names in jazz and film music.
- Mark Isham, Tribal Tech, Gino Vannelli, Vinnie Colaiuta, Pete Escovido, Ernie Watts, Stanley Clarke, Dizzy Gillespie, Wayne Shorter, Joe Sample, Tom Scott, Alphonse Mouzon, The Jazz Crusaders, Rick Margitza, Flora Purim & Airto Moriera, John Patitucci, Frank Gambale, Madeleine Peyroux, Chuck Israels, Scott Henderson, Byron Miller, Phil Upchurch, Michael White, Kate Davis, Alex Acuña...
- The Net; Time Cop; Quiz Show; Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle; Safe Passage; Miami Rhapsody; Losing Isaiah; Romeo Is Bleeding; Little Man Tate; Home for the Holidays; Last Dance; Fly away Home; Night Falls on Manhattan; Made In America; Nowhere to Run; The Getaway; The Truth About Cats and Dogs; Hurly Burly; The Thomas Crown Affair; Crooked Hearts; Sweet November; Sleepwalkers; Columbo #5 - Undercover; The Defenders – Choice of Evils, Taking the First.
Goldblatt’s professional work as a keyboardist, music director, composer and arranger has encompassed a wide spectrum of projects and settings for which he has garnered a well-deserved reputation for delivering superior results. His extensive experience includes serving as music director for artists Diana Ross collaborating as co-producer with Gino Vannelli, composing and arranging music for the television shows EZ Streets (CBS) and the Showtime series The Defenders, serving as bandleader for national network talk show host Dennis Miller, creating sound effects and music for theme park rides in Qatar and China, composing soundtracks for numerous documentaries and independent features, performing as keyboardist with Mark Isham, Tribal Tech, Madeleine Peyroux and Jimmy Haslip and session work with jazz artists Vinnie Colaiuta, Alphonse Mouzon, Flora Purim and Airto Moriera, John Patitucci, Frank Gambale, and many others.
In addition he has arranged and produced his own albums including Facing North, featuring guitarists David T. Walker, Wah Wah Watson, Paul Jackson Jr., Lee Ritenour and Larry Carlton, and the solo piano album Our Songs. David currently composes, teaches and performs in the Portland and Seattle area where he has become an integral part of the vibrant Northwest music scene. More recently he has taught advanced jazz piano as an Adjunct Professor at Portland State University and collaborated on several big band arrangements and a ballet suite with Grammy Award recipient Dr. Thara Memory, Director of the nationally renowned American Music Program’s Pacific Crest Jazz Orchestra.